Is Your Lead Generation working as well as you would like?
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy (The order of these is essential to success):
- Command Attention
- Showcase Benefits of Products/Services
- Prove the Benefits
- Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
- Call to Action
Advertising is really just a ‘sales message’ in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features, because your ideal clients don’t what your product or service, they want a solution to their problem, full stop.
Your advert then is simply the message that shows them how you can solve the problem that they have and don’t want, and in a way that works quickly and easily for them.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these 5 components:
- Command Attention: This is usually accomplished with the headline. You need an attention-getter that makes people want to know more about your products/services. The best headlines give a vivid portrayal of the benefits or show how a problem can be avoided with your products/services. The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
- Showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or prevent a problem. They need to know what’s in it for them. Include useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits are and how they are going to help the customer.
- Offer Proof: This is where you prove that the advertisement can do what you are offering. You need to establish you have a method to deliver. Typically this is done by using information that establishes credibility and past results performance.
- Persuade: You need to add compelling reasons for your potential customers to purchase your products/services. Using a hard sell approach and creating scarcity are typical examples, but often these approaches can cause potential clients to feel uneasy. Instead try focusing on how your solution is exactly what they need, as this will entreat your potential clients to feel like they don’t have to wait any longer to have the solution. Which leads into the last component.
- Call to Action: You need to compel your potential customers to DO something that moves them forward. They need to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer a freebie, booklet, sample, product, bonus, demo, consult, limited time price…the list goes on. There are lots of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are not complete without any of them. You can sit down and think through any one of these components, then figure out how to best place them together for the most effectiveness. We can help you with this too. Click on the link to try our FREE “Marketing Evaluator” to see how your ad scores across the 5 components of good advertising copy. It will also show you what areas you need to improve to convert leads into prospects.
Is your advertising working as well as you would like it to?
With just a few simple tweaks I can show you how your marketing can be easily re-worked to follow our proven Conversion Formula that has generated massive results for hundreds of business owners world-wide.
Click the link above or here to find out more.
I look forward to helping you grow.
Business Growth Specialist
Nimble Coaching Solutions